Re: [RTTY] N8S changing software

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] N8S changing software
From: Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 <n6tqs@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 08:03:40 +0000
What you saw was one computer, one radio, one antenna, two different
preferences for software (and one of them got used in two very
different ways), all for RTTY- three operators.

MMTTY-FSK, MixW-AFSK, MixW-FSK.

We had a second radio, which we used for RTTY often (but CW and SSB
too, as well as EME and 6M), a 30-17-12 beam
and a 20-15-10 beam, as well as verticals for 40 and 80.

After a few days the CW camp was moved closer to us, due to truly
excessive mosquitos and heat in the original location, and then there
were band-sharing limitations with them.  We also had no WARC bandpass
filters, since they were all in the stolen luggage.

We also lost a computer after a week, due to water in the keyboard, but
got all the logs off it.

73, doug

    From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
    Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 02:55:27 -0700

    Did anyone notice that N8S changes stations and/or software sometime
    around 0900z on 30 meters? They had been having a long mark tail on
    their transmissions and all of a sudden it was gone and the operating
    style changed a bit too. This would seem to imply they have the
    capability of two bands at once on RTTY if they so desire.

    The things you notice at 2am...   :-)

    Bill W6WRT
    12 band-mode Q's with N8S, looking for a few more