Re: [RTTY] dupes

To: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] dupes
From: "Andrei Stchislenok" <asnp3d@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 22:47:01 -0400
Tom,
I agree with you and almost always do the same - just work dupe and save
time for both. Except yesterday, during SCC RTTY.
Several times I was called by "dupe" station. OK, I was answering, from his
second call; and gave him report and everything. In return... I was not
getting anything. Apparently, that "dupe" station finally realized that
he did work me before and this would be our dupe QSO.. and he simply QSYed!!

As a result, I was losing my time. No big deal, things happen. I decided to
answer on dupe call from the second call, giving that station a chance to
see that we did work before, it works.
Again, no big deal, just my 5c thoughts.

73's Andrei EW1AR-NP3D

2007/8/26, Tom Osborne <w7why@verizon.net>:

> Hi all
>
> Please, please, if I call you, work me because you are not in my log.
>
> I don't know if it was because I busted your call, or because you thought
> it
> was me you were working, but wasn't, or what.
>
> It is so easy to just work me and go on--but, don't give me 'wrkd B4'.
> Happened again this weekend.  If I am a dupe for you, you don't lose a
> thing
> by working me again.  Save us both a lot of time.  Thanks and 73.
> Tom W7WHY

73's Andrei
EW1AR-NP3D
WAS RTTY #455 (all via LoTW)