Re: [RTTY] [Dx-qsl] I found this to be common in LoTW

To: FireBrick <w9ol@billnjudy.com>,"LoTW List" <ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com>,"RTTY List" <rtty@contesting.com>,"QSL List" <dx-qsl@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] [Dx-qsl] I found this to be common in LoTW
From: kc5lk@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 01:14:59 +0000
Perhaps if those that use the LoTW they would  read the warnings concening how
LoTW handles variations of callsigns they would be more careful when requesting
certificates and/or uploading data to LoTW.   The most important thing to
remember when dealing with the LoTW is the correctness of all the data from
those on both ends of the QSO because a computer knows only one correct answer
to any question it is asked.  If I understand correctly when you submit QSO
records to LoTW you not only tell the LoTW computer who is making the
submission.  You are also signing the QSO data for correctness, and if there is
an error in any of the data from either of the two stations then no match will
be found.

John, KC5LK

From: "FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com>