[RTTY] help, FT1000mp

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] help, FT1000mp
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 12:37:13 +0000
Any FT1000mp owners out there that may have seen this problem.

During the cqww dx last weekend, early Saturday morning when I was not
really awake, the FT1000mp started resetting its VFOs to the band edge (and
changing other settings like monitor to OFF) each time I hit PTT. After
several times of this, I had to turn the radio off and do the rest of the
contest as SO1R.

I thought about it Monday morning and removed the rig to replace the 3 volt
battery that keeps the VFO memories alive. The rig came back up and seemed
to work for a few days. But Friday, while I was listening for DX, it reset
itself without any PTT on my part. Then after getting back on the right
frequency, I keyed the rig (MUX) to adjust the antenna tuner in the linear
and when I unkeyed the rig, the radio shut off totally.

I can not do anything to get the radio to turn back on. It is running on
external DC power. The AC fuse is ok but I am not using that power source.
I do have DC on the molex power plug.

I am afraid that I must ship the radio back to Yaesu (for the fourth time!)

Any ideas to try before I do that????

Jerry, W6IHG