Re: [RTTY] Suggestion for Vista compatible sound card??

To: "'Jens Petersen'" <jp@c.dk>,"'RTTY contesting'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Suggestion for Vista compatible sound card??
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 01:39:18 -0400
The Audigy SE may work well in Vista but you will have all kinds
of trouble with it if you use WriteLog or N1MM Logger and expect
to both loop a microphone through it for DVK operation and record
QSOs.  The Audigy SE has only a single analog input that is
shared for mic and Line IN.

Of course the normal Vista sound API does other stupid things like
not allowing the mic to be echoed to the speakers (there goes audio
switching for the DVK) and allowing an application to access only
one input (there goes switching between the mic and Line).  Both
of these limitations can be overcome by using a different API
and opening the sound card in "Exclusive mode."

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

gory=205&product=14257

Works fine under Vista.