Re: [RTTY] single op, 1 radio, 2 recvrs

To: "'Bill Turner'" <dezrat@copper.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] single op, 1 radio, 2 recvrs
From: "Ed Muns" <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 18:02:37 -0700
> Technique is part of it, but the main difference is hardware.
> The second radio, remember?
>
> When hardware gives a marked advantage, such as adding an
> amplifier or a spotting network, a category should be created
> for that so that competition can remain as fair as possible.

So, using stacked Yagis is "SO2A" and should be yet another entry class?

My personal experience with SO2R is that successfully deploying it is 90%
skill, not just simply connecting in a second radio.  A lot of time SO2R has
been a severe disadvantage for me compared to SO1R because I was trying to
deploy it the wrong situation or I was not operating it effectively.  Until
you actually use SO2R for an extended period of time, how can you be such an
outspoken expert and be so certain that SO2R should be another contest entry
category?

73,
Ed - W0YK