Re: [RTTY] Macros in the JARTS

Subject: Re: [RTTY] Macros in the JARTS
From: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:13:26 -0400
I am not a macro PRO, but I have a suggestion:

The exchange number, state, age, etc is the "payload". It and the
callsign are the most important items being sent and it should be
sent at least 3 times unless conditions are very good.

If any of the bits in the usual 4 character plus space payload is
corrupted, the receiving station cannot be certain of it and will
need a repeat. The rx stn needs to see two that agree to be certain
that either is correct.

My usual macro uses 3, and I have a macro I send when the calling stn
is very weak that has 6. BTW, I don't send a QSL? at the end, so I
have more room for the payload.

And PLEASE put a space before and after your macro.

Jerry W4UK