Re: [RTTY] 5-Band RTTY WAS

To: "'Robert Chudek - K0RC'" <k0rc@pclink.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 5-Band RTTY WAS
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 01:49:59 -0500
Bob,

> I think it's time to petition the ARRL again, but this time
> for the 5-Band RTTY WAS award. I'll check to see what the
> process is and make an attempt to get 5BWAS RTTY as another
> award. You suggestions will be appreciated. I have never
> attempted anything like this so I've got some learning to do!

Not to be a heretic but why should there be a 5BWAS RTTY when
the rules say:
   "There are no specialty 5 Band awards or endorsements."

That means there is no 5BWAS-Phone, 5BWAS-CW or even "5BWAS-
standing on your head."

You are really asking that the entire 5B WAS award be redesigned
to support specialty awards and endorsements.  I do not think that
the Awards Committee wants to get into setting rules/criteria for
specialty awards or the added burden of specialized card checking
and record keeping.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV