Re: [RTTY] Clipperton - may be last chance

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Clipperton - may be last chance
From: "Peter Laws" <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 09:06:23 -0500
On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 5:01 AM, Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net> wrote:

>  Word is they will be closing shop this weekend so this might be the last
>  chance for RTTY.

Printed them on 30 the other night but there was too much QRM on their
QSX freq ...  and I got tangled up with my XFC button on the IC746PRO
...  could never really find the other end of QSOs.

Then a ham friend at work (there are over 50 hams where I work, but
never mind) mentioned going back and forth hitting the A/B button.

Well, duh!  I used to do that on my IC725 but had become so enamored
of the XFC button that I'd forgotten about the easier way ...  So
easy, that I got them on 20 SSB at abut 0125z this morning.  :-)

They were on 75 SSB as well ... that was no fun.  Had to turn the
radio off before I violated Part 97.

Will listen for them on RTTY again after work today.

"The only sure bulwark of continuing liberty is a government
strong enough to protect the interests of the people, and
a people strong enough and well enough informed to
maintain its sovereign control over its government." - FDR