[RTTY] LSB - USB ON RTTY

To: Gedking@aol.com, psussman@pactor.com, RTTY@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] LSB - USB ON RTTY
From: "k0bx@arrl.net" <k0bx@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 07:36:27 -0700 (PDT)
I am not sure I am following all your questions?
But here is the answer about Writelog and RTTY.

Writelog only uses LSB when doing AFSK.

On the Writelog Log window, goto Bands => and select
LSB is really FSK.

Then Writelog knows you are using AFSK instead of FSK.
There is no selection for USB.

There are other software programs that will let you
use USB but not Writelog.

You also said "Me thinks it's the guys that use BPSK
first that
> don't stick to tradition
> and use USB for RTTY."??
I have been on rtty for over 30 years and at least on
the Ham bands, RTTY has always been LSB, FSK is copied
in LSB not USB.

So maybe you could tell us a bit more on how you are
using RTTY and where, like MARS or something like
that.

Joe K0BX