Re: [RTTY] BARTG exch, and 599 (or not)

To: <pcooper@guernsey.net>, John GW4SKA <ska@bartg.demon.co.uk>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] BARTG exch, and 599 (or not)
From: Fabi va2up <va2up@live.ca>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 10:48:31 -0400
Hello everyone,
in fact in my first maybe 2 or 3 S&P q's during Bartg I had omitted the 599
myself being too busy setting up the new features in N1MM. Quickly realised
this and corrected. I did get some missing parts of the exchange from a few
stations later in the contest. Took the time to ask for the missing numbers,
worked in some cases and not in others, the answer in this case was : 'sri nil
nil'  and restart the cq routine . Sure enough a few minutes later the station
came back this time with a full exchange. He must have taken the time to
correct the mistake in the macro.
I think we all make mistakes, I also think that it is up to each and everyone
to point this out to the offending station so that he can have a 'trouble free'
contest'. I favor the help them instead of kill them approach...but then again
missing a few seconds in the contest to do this maybe too important for some.
For the offenders too stubbern to comply and showing the 'I know better
attitude' I would simply not log them and go on, nothing to it and no big deal
either...
It was nice contacting you all last weekend,

Fabi  va2up