Re: [RTTY] BARTG exch, and 599 (or not)

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] BARTG exch, and 599 (or not)
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 18:55:16 -0000
Hi all,

Are we maybe being a little pedantic over the 599? I know the rules say we
send RST + Serial Number, and yes, I do send an RST.
BUT............ If you then take this a step further, do we penalise those
who send 5NN as well??
By the same token, 5NN is NOT 599!

And what about those who send an RST when it is NOT required, as in the
BARTG Sprint? Do you ignore those as well?

The only time I tend NOT to log someone is if they disappear before
completing the QSO. I had a few in BARTG who never responded to a request
for a repeat of the serial number or time, so I didn't (well, couldn't!) log
them.

Just my thoughts................

73 de Phil GU0SUP