Re: [RTTY] 559 in CQ WW RTTY

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 559 in CQ WW RTTY
From: "Peter Laws" <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 14:14:06 -0500
On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 12:31, k0bx@arrl.net <k0bx@arrl.net> wrote:
> As you know most contest software will put the report in the log as 599
> unless  you change it.  The is what Writelog does.
>
> During the contest last weekend, I had a few guys give me signal reports
> other than 599.  One was 559 and the other was 579.  I wonder if anyone else
> got reports like this?

I didn't this time (me and my 177 Qs!) but I've had it in the past.
If a contest sponsor is going to include RST in the exchange, which
most of us agree is silly, then they should score it like anything
else.

Hmm.  Maybe I'll send 598 next test and see what happens.  In fact,
let's all pick random numbers between 111 and 599!  Get that from your
SCP and FRIEND.INI!  :-)

No Trillion-dollar blank check for crooks!