Re: [RTTY] 160

To: RTTY@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 160
From: Michael Keane K1MK <k1mk@yccc.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 11:35:25 -0500
On 11/25/2008 6:41 AM, Bill Tippett wrote:
>          I wouldn't get my shorts too tight about this guys, but it
> does reflect some serious ignorance by some about the ARRL 160.

Absolutely no reason at all for anyone to get their shorts up in a knot
over this. It isn't even news.

This is the THIRD year that TARA Mele has allowed contacts on 160m
contacts. Anyone hear of any problems the last two years?

Then again, has anyone heard of anyone in the US or VE actually making a
RTTY contact during the TARA Mele through the QRM of ARRL 160? It's
pretty much a self-limiting process.

TARA Mele is a contest; in the words of a semi-illustrious contester:
"If you're on 160, then you are losing the contest."

Next faux-controversy, please.

73,
Mike K1MK