[RTTY] FW: Problem with radio programs

To: "RTTY Contesting" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] FW: Problem with radio programs
From: "Dick White" <whiter26@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 21:17:11 -0600
Thanks to K5WW Gert, N5UWY Peter Laws, KE1JF Tom, and K0JN Joe for their
suggestions. I have tried them all and no luck getting the radio programs to
work. Did a "Systems restore" twice back when the RTTY programs were
working. That did nothing to help. I don't have the sound card drivers or
software to re enter them again. I checked the sound options that Peter
suggested and found nothing mutes and everything looked ok. I took my sons
external speaker system and connected them to my computer and tested for
sounds and nothing came through them. I am beginning to think it may be the
mother board and/or sound card. Not sure if the sound card is on the mother
board or separate.

I have tried the 3 programs, MixW, MMTTY and N1MM. When I open any of them
there is nothing in the waterfall and there is no waterfall engine at all in
N1MM. I tried N1MM  a few minutes ago and this happens: Opens up ok, no
MMTTY engine o Click on button to exit - does not exit and I lost the task
bar on the call entry window and there is nothing showing in any of the
windows open. I can't exit as the exit button is gone and I have to power
down and turn off the computer and start again to get back to the desk top.

I just put my wife of 65 years in a nursing home and I sure need my RTTY
back to help me cope. If there are any more suggestions they will be
appreciated. If there is a separate sound card I will replace it. If it is
on the mother board I will have to rethink my options.

Thanks to all for reading my woes.... 73  Dick