[RTTY] Lame Contest Exchanges

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Lame Contest Exchanges
From: Dick Kriss <aa5vu@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 11:45:15 -0600
I have seen some really lame exchanges in the OK-DX contest.  The
exchange that bugged me the most were the stations calling CQ with
a way too short response that only give the report with no call sign

599 3 or 599 3 3

If there are a number of station trying to work the CQ station nobody
knows who should respond to the report. This way too short exchange just
creates delays and repeat requests.

Come on guys short exchanges are good but some of you are just too short
or your software is screwing up big time.

There was on zone 05 station sending 599 33 with no space or leading zero
between the 3's.  A 599 03 or 599 03 03 would be better.  I prefer to copy
two digit zones. No way a US East Coast station can be zone 33.  Spaces are
cheap... please use them.

Even noticed a W5 station calling CQ and his software was cutting off part
of his suffix.  It would have helped if he ended his CQ with a CQ like most
stations.

Hopefully, it will be better for the RTTY RU in January

Off the soapbox

73 Dick AA5VU