Re: [RTTY] RTTY Roundup KR2D Single Op LP

To: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Roundup KR2D Single Op LP
From: Ron DeBlock <rdeblock@att.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 21:28:13 -0500
Peter Laws wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 19:10, Ron DeBlock <rdeblock@att.net> wrote:
>
>> Rig : IC-746PRO at 65 watts
>

> Not that the 35 watts would make much difference (1-2 dB?), but the
> 746Pro is happy to run full for hours on end ...  unless, of course,
> you're avoiding WATV (Worked All TVs).  :-)

I run AFSK.  I find that if I set the audio level to drive approximately
65 watts out on 20m, I know I have a clean signal and I don't have to
fuss with it when I switch bands.  Power out will be a little more on
80m & 40m, and a little less on 15m & 10m for the same audio drive.

Someday, I will actually build the true FSK interface I've been
planning, and I won't have to worry about audio levels any more. I just
need a round tuit :-)

73,
Ron KR2D