Re: [RTTY] EU1SA, AA6YQ profiles in MMTTY

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] EU1SA, AA6YQ profiles in MMTTY
From: "Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@ambersoft.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 17:27:58 -0500
I use the EU1SA profile when DXing, and find it generally outperforms the
standard RTTY profile. The AA6YQ profile is a tweak on the EU1SA profile to
further sharpen its filters.

Running two instances of MMTTY on the same PC, if that's what your were
doing, may be an "apples and oranges" situation. I would run them on
separate-but-equal PCs before drawing any conclusions. Or better, use Moe
AE4JY's channel simulator to evaluate each of the profiles under defined
conditions, as Chen W7AY suggested here earlier. That project has been on my
to-do list ever since Alex VE3NEA publicized his initial results, but
somehow never gets near the top...

Improvements to MMTTY's RTTY decoder along the lines that Chen suggested are
on the same list.

    73,

         Dave, AA6YQ