Re: [RTTY] BARTG Sprint Rules Questions

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] BARTG Sprint Rules Questions
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 10:53:49 -0600
On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 20:27, Bill, W6WRT <dezrat1242@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I haven't talked to anyone at the ARRL about it but I have seen many
> posts on the subject and I'm thinking that their concern is folks
> getting in and messing around in the LoTW database. The idea of

Agreed which is why I said they need a mechanism or procedure to have
them removed or at least the ability to mark them as bad.  Agreed that
we can't just give end-users the ability to delete at will.

Another thing that the League should add is an input filter that will
not allow QSOs to be uploaded if they lack location info.  It's
amazing to me the number of matched QSOs I have where the other guy
didn't include his state, let alone correct zones or Maidenhead grid.
At least those are easily correctable.

No Trillion-dollar blank check for crooks!