Re: [RTTY] BARTG Sprint Rules Questions

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] BARTG Sprint Rules Questions
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 14:29:24 -0600
On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 10:55, Ed Muns <w0yk@msn.com> wrote:

> I am in this situation, call sign W0YK operating in US call area 6.  I never
> append '/6' to my call sign, but of course the BARTG Sprint requires it.
> Since my LoTW account did not provide for W0YK/6 QSOs, I was interested in
> what it would take to upload my log, correctly, to LoTW after the contest on
> Sunday.  Turns out, it was trivial.

Trivial, yes, but be careful!

I operated a test or two on RTTY in IL as N5UWY back in 2004 after I
got back on RTTY (after an 8-year absence).  Then hit the Sprint which
required N5UWY/9.  As a result, I just decided to do all RTTY with /9.
 Never considered LoTW (which I ignored fully until this past Spring).
 Now, I have two certs.

Problem is, you have to be really careful uploading QSOs - make sure
you sign the Qs with the right cert!  When I first uploaded to LoTW, I
exported an ADIF, signed it, and uploaded.  Bad idea.  Should have
used the facilities within DXLab.  I've done that since and haven't
created any more zombies.

So if you do have more than one cert be vewwy, vewwy caweful.

Otherwise, as noted, it's pretty trivial.

No Trillion-dollar blank check for crooks!