Re: [RTTY] [N1MM] Software

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] [N1MM] Software
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 14:07:40 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 14:11:21 -0600, "Robert Chudek - K0RC"
<k0rc@citlink.net> wrote:

>I wish I could get the $18,000 back that I paid for the 76-Mb fixed disk drive
>(yes Mb, not Gb!) I bought for my first computer system. Yeah, it went to the
>recycler, along with the computer, memory, CP/M, 8" floppy disk drives, and 5
>foot 19" rack it was all built in.

REPLY:

Reminds me of the story about a major manufacturer of slide rules.
They had purchased a $25,000 state of the art machine to do the
logarithmic engraving needed on slide rules. Unfortunately, the first
widely available pocket calculator came out about the same time.
Within six months the brand new machine had been donated to the
Smithsonian.

Time marches on.

73, Bill W6WRT