Re: [RTTY] Advise requested for RTTY Hardware

To: "'Kok Chen'" <chen@mac.com>, "'RTTY Reflector'" <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Advise requested for RTTY Hardware
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 19:31:07 -0400

> No, that is not the "only" way.  You can use fldigi in
> normal AFSK mode, and use K4DSP's FSK Regenerator:

That's true. Although the K4DSP FSK Regenerator will run
on any AFSK software (and any soundcard) without the special
p-FSK output, p-fsk is the only "supported" method for
generating "true" FSK in fldigi.

In addition, the envelope detector/switch approach works
with audio generating only CW software to allow it to
work properly with a real CW receiver.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV