Re: [RTTY] Crystal filter width preferences for RTTY contesting

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Crystal filter width preferences for RTTY contesting
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 18:17:14 -0700
HI Jeff

Any 300 cycle filter is good as long as it's 250 cycle :-)  I have an Inrad
250 cycle filter in my TS-450SAT and I love it for contesting.  Especially
RTTY.  I have a 500 cycle filter in my Yaesu and it's way, way too wide.
After listening to the Kenwood, it sounds like the Yaesu doesn't even have a
filter in it.  73
Tom W7WHY