Re: [RTTY] 160 meter radials

To: "Dick Kriss" <aa5vu@att.net>, "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 160 meter radials
From: "Jack West" <w7ld@theriver.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 17:11:47 -0700
Hi All,

I do not have a ground rod here at my station as the ground is just
too hard to drive it. When I moved to this hill, I ran four wire radials
for each band, 160 thru 10 meters, and layed them on top of the
ground. As the grass grew it covered up the wires. After two years
there was no more evidience of the  radial wires as they were
covered up. I have never had problems with RF in my shack or
in my radio audio circuits with this arrangement over the 24 yrs
I have been here.

73 de
Jack / W7LD / "Lucky Dog"