Re: [RTTY] BAND OPERATION POLLS..

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] BAND OPERATION POLLS..
From: Arsk0jn@aol.com
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 14:00:20 EDT

I remember it also.  The ARRL supported phone in the upper part of the 40
meter band because it was  sparsely used and there was concern that the upper
portion would either be  completely covered over by foreign broadcast
station or would be given  to them entirely and lost to the amateur community
forever. They were the  primary force in convincing the FAA to allow phone
usage in that portion of the  band. It's probably the only reason we have it
today. The ARRL deserves our  gratitude not our criticism.
Joe Nemecek,  K0JN