Re: [RTTY] ARRL RTTY

To: Jeff Blaine AC0C <keepwalking188@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ARRL RTTY
From: James Colville <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 21:16:00 -0800
I'm not talking about a dual receiver set up. I'm talking about SO2R. Single
OP 2 radios and usually 2 amplifiers on 2 bands at once.

One rig for a run station and another to work mults and search and pounce
mode. This is how such huge scores are produced in RTTY contests that have
no 10 minute rule.

The issue is very easy to fix. Put on a 10 min rule for single op stations.
Only 3 band changes per hour or better yet, make another entry category.
Single transmitter and multi transmitter.

When the contest was designed, My guess is that Jay and Hal did not consider
the possibly of SO2R. But then aganin, they usually thought of everything so
I don't know.

Want a llittle RTTY Roundup insite? Then see:

http://www.arrl.org/members-only/contests/results/2002/rtty/k7ira.html  This
is a members only document. Sorry...

The contest needs another entry class. Pretty plain and simple.

73
Jim W7RY

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 9:01 PM, Jeff Blaine AC0C
<keepwalking188@yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> Can you explain to the uninitiated how a dual RX configuration would
> provide an advantage?
>
> I can see advancing from one q to the next on each rig, alternatively, and
> then transmitting on the one that's ready for a call - but beyond that, it
> seems a guy is already going to be busy looking at the print - the macros
> take care of the sending, but the eye is still needed to sort the wheat from
> the chaff especially given a marginal print.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> 73/jeff/ac0c

>>> mode.  And after last weekend with rates in the 180's, I think  it is
>>> almost