Re: [RTTY] ARRL RTTY

To: w8aks55@gmail.com, James Colville <jimw7ry@gmail.com>, K5NZ@aol.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ARRL RTTY
From: Greg Rauch <ki6ck@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 21:09:13 -0800 (PST)
All in favor, AYE!!!

The SO2R ops in the contesting community are in my mind like olympic
atheletes... in a class by themselves.  Within a few miles of my QTH there are
several great examples of superb SO2R ops, including W0YK, K6XX, K9YC,
K6RB....  These guys have made investments in hardware, software, and operating
capabilities that really do set them apart from most of the rest of us.  And
this comes about in part from a motivation to exploit existing contest rules,
and win contests!  (KB OM)    More power to them!  But, real comparisons of
station/operating skillsets come from comparable circumstances.   N6CK is an
SO1R station.... at least for now.

Greg - N6CK