Re: [RTTY] ARRL RTTY

To: Hank Lonberg <kr7x1@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ARRL RTTY
From: David Levine <david@levinecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 20:26:41 -0500
Hank,

If SO2R at times is advantageous, then it's advantageous. Not making it a
different category based on some of the reasons below is like saying that
using a packet spotting network and being assisted shouldn't be a different
category because...

1) I got focused on running rate and didn't look for needed mults.

2) There were SO1R stations who bested my score and they were on the west
coast or in the southwest let alone be on the east
coast. Nothing beats location and aluminum high in the air for performance
results in a DX contest.

If #1 is true, then turn off the 2nd radio and be a SO1R operator. If you
feel it's not an advantage to using a 2nd radio then why waste the
electricity?

David - K2DSL