Re: [RTTY] 100 baud RTTY - FINAL

To: <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 100 baud RTTY - FINAL
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 20:35:09 -0600
Okay Bill, from the top this is how it started, you said in part:

"As I recall, after the High Speed Sprints of the 1990's, the general
consensus was there were too many errors caused by propagation
vagaries. 45 baud simply prints better in most cases."

Although you were asked, you have not provided any proof of your statement
"the general consensus was..." I provided proof there was not ONE mention of
"too many errors" by the participants of the HSS contests. BTW, the soapbox
comments I quoted were posted on the public WF1B-RTTY reflector, not in any
logs. If there were any discussion about error rates, I would have captured
that along with these other reports because this aspect was a serious
consideration.

Your statement that "45 baud simple prints better in most cases" is a broad
brushed statement that needs to be challenged as well. If this were true,
why were commercial teleprinter links using higher baud rates on their HF
links?

Your statements come across like an authoritative source. Yes, I am
challenging them! Why shouldn't I when they are based on a wrong
recollection and embellished with personal bias?

And finally, Bill, I did not call you a liar. You added that on your own. So
don't go putting words into my messages. I first said your recollection was
wrong. That doesn't make you a liar. Second, I said don't manufacture
statements as if they were facts just because you think that's the way it
should be. This is what historical revisionist are known to do.

I'm done with this.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN