Re: [RTTY] Dashes in Contest Reports - SOLUTION!

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Dashes in Contest Reports - SOLUTION!
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 04:32:28 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 22:49:17 -0600, "Robert Chudek - K0RC"
<k0rc@citlink.net> wrote:

>They ALL specify RTTY as a mode for the contest. But not a single one of
>them specified a specific speed. So in the spirit of the old High Speed RTTY
>Sprint that my brother and I experimented with in the late 90's, everyone
>can simple set their speed to 75 or 100 baud for the next contest.

REPLY:

As I recall, after the High Speed Sprints of the 1990's, the general
consensus was there were too many errors caused by propagation
vagaries. 45 baud simply prints better in most cases.

However, it would be fun to do it again just to see.

73, Bill W6WRT