Re: [RTTY] How was your WPX RTTY?

To: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] How was your WPX RTTY?
From: Dave Barr <vzevhlnw@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 12:13:39 -0500
Hi Don

It's great to see people admit that rtty contesting (and ham radio as
well) is still exciting.  I think a little bit of endorphin is secreted
each time we see our call on the screen, and the more times, the better
we feel.  Congrats on the new record.

Obviously the conditions during WPX on 15 were very helpful to me
running QRP, but the most suprising thing I found was 40 meters was
terrific.  For the first time I can remember, just about any DX I could
here on 40 I could work, and even a few Europeans on 80.  With the cycle
improving, I can look forward (in a couple of years) to being able to do
WAC in about 10 minutes during a RTTY contest.

Incidentally, I finally made RTTY Honor Roll last fall.    (No, not
QRP.  I only have about 230 on qrp rtty.)

73

Dave, K2YG