[RTTY] How was your WPX RTTY?

To: "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] How was your WPX RTTY?
From: "Amos, Ian" <ian.amos@sap.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 15:44:36 +0100
How was your WPX RTTY? Like others this year was really great and was one for
my record book. First off tried a special call, VC3D to add to the mix, but a
few stations certainly seemed to make an extra effort for a QSO with me and it
did break a few pile ups. This was also my first SO2R operation and all band
filters and antennas were switched manually. I was a little slow but I promised
myself not to slow down a QSO if I could not keep up on the second radio so a
few times I just stopped the second radio. The second radio was on for half the
contest but often I was not using it ..... I made over 200 contacts on the
second radio but lots of practice will be needed to make SO2R work smoothly.
Compared with last year I made over 100 contacts and 100 mults more with a 50%
increase in score. Needless to say I am very pleased with the results even if
there were partly due to the better conditions.

Equipment is ICOM 756 Pro III / 706 MKIIG
2 - ICE band pass filters
2 - AT100 Pro tuners
2 Microham Keyers with N1MM Logger
1 tribander at 45 ft, 1 wire sloper, and a all band vertical for the second
radio

CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: VC3D
Operator(s): VE3JI
Station: VE3JI

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Oakville
Operating Time (hrs): 28
Radios: SO2R

80: 189 97
40: 236 596
20: 232 596
15: 161 429
10: 0 0
Total: 818 2817 Prefixes = 433 Total Score = 1,219,761

Thanks and see you next time

73
Ian, VE3JI