Re: [RTTY] SO2R in WPX RTTY

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] SO2R in WPX RTTY
From: Roger Cooke <g3ldi@g3ldi.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 09:52:17 +0000
Well, it looks like this topic has opened a can of worms!
As has been said, it really is down to the individual which mode
he uses and no-one is complaining really about the use of SO2R.
I guess that curve is a very steep one, but it is nevertheless very
annoying to be kept waiting, so perhaps more practice "off air"
is required! :-)

   It will be more interesting to see how the SO2R guys manage in
the BARTG 75 Baud test when the turn around time is even
smaller!
   As Ian says, even 2 seconds in a contest is a long time to wait
for a response. It should be almost seamless if both are experienced
but we should remember there are the newcomers to RTTY contesting
still learning their way around the commands.
   It's only a hobby and RTTY is supposed to be the last bastion of
gentlemanly behaviour so let's enjoy it!

73 de Roger, G3LDI