[RTTY] VA2UP Bartg-Sprint 75 SO Expert

To: rtty contesting rttycontesting <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] VA2UP Bartg-Sprint 75 SO Expert
From: Fabi va2up <va2up@live.ca>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 22:05:05 -0400
                  BARTG Sprint 75

Call: VA2UP
Operator(s): VA2UP
Station: VA2UP

Class: SO Expert HP
QTH: Lasalle
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

------------
   20:  109
   15:   18
   10:
------------
Total:  127  Mults = 44  Continents = 4  Total Score = 22,352

Club: Contest Group du Quebec

Comments:

Squeezed around family commitments to be part of the fun in this contest. I was
curious to see how 75 bauds would behave in a real contest. I must say I was
favorably impressed. Conditions here were marginal at best and stations that I
usually copy very easily required several repeats. The speedy exchange would
fall very often in fading and it was difficult to hit the right timing in
asking for repeats. Never heard EU on 15. No AF or OC to the point were I asked
myself if any stations from there were actually in the test.
My positives: the long exchanges are easier to swallow :) - In good conditions
rates could actually be astronomical - Excellent for S&P on the fly -
My negatives: the sound...fatiguing in the long run at least for my ears -
Accurate decoding in poor conditions?? -
So thanks John and the Bartg for giving us the opportunity of trying this. It
sure gets my vote.
73, Fabi  va2up