Re: [RTTY] Spot frequency

To: rtty@contesting.com, MMTTY@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Spot frequency
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 22:14:04 -0400
 > With all the tools at our fingertips, (including a calculator :-),
 > there should be no excuse for not spotting the mark frequency of an
 > RTTY signal properly.

That's the problem ... there are too many software authors who don't
care to educate their users and do not bother to provide the correct
frequency (if they provide any RF frequency at all).  These are the
same authors who say "don't worry about FSK - just run audio tones
into your mic in USB."

When you couple that with users who can't (or won't) read the manuals
for their transceivers - and transceiver makers who don't provide the
correct (mark) readout - it becomes a mess of confusing "standards."
As always when there more than one "standard" there is *no* standard.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV