[RTTY] Help, just a tad off topic

To: RTTY@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Help, just a tad off topic
From: Phil Sussman <psussman@pactor.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 23:10:11 -0400
I've recently changed my logging computer to WIN7,
and it will access my Wi-Fi access to the internet.

But it can't access any of the other (4) XP machines
on the network. Nor can I print or exchange files.
The machine name DOES show up on all the XP's network
connections screens -- but I get an access denied
when I try to connect.

Yeah, I tried all the fixes that I could find. Everything
is in the same workgroup -- and this is WIN 7 basic, so no
way to adjust some of the other hints.

I've checked all the permissions that I can find without
result.

On the WIN7 side of things I can't install a network
printer -- because the network can't be found. Even when
the printer name and route are entered -- the network
remains unlocated.

We're using a linksys RT54 and there is an IP address
in the routing table -- and internet access does work.

Using the IP route, I can access the router, but no access
to any of the other XP computer IP addresses in the table.

Four hours later I'm tired and frustrated.

Any help on this?

Thanks,

de Phil - N8PS