Re: [RTTY] Your complaints

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Your complaints
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 15:35:47 -0500
On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 15:06, Kok Chen <chen@mac.com> wrote:

> Joe has been abrasive and sometimes insulting to me, even in his off
> list email to me.

As someone who has owned a list for 15 years (!) that, in it's hay
day, saw 100 messages per day, and as someone who has subscribed to
dozens or hundreds of others over the past 20 years, I have to vote
WITH Bill.

If a subscriber can't abide by the same rules as everyone else, then
he has to go.

In this case, it appears that the subscriber in question continued his
out-of-bounds posts even after being put on "moderated" status (BTW,
very few lists are truly moderated, where every post is approved by a
moderator).

Being moderated was the subscriber's "second chance" and it appears he blew it.