Re: [RTTY] The perfect delay for run CQ?

To: <rehill@ix.netcom.com>, rtty contesting rttycontesting <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] The perfect delay for run CQ?
From: Fabi va2up <va2up@live.ca>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 22:06:12 -0500
Rich welcome first of all,

there is no such thing as a perfect delay time. Only you can tell if you need
to make it longer or shorter according to the type of conditions you will
encounter.
4 sec is about average I would say but you'll have to adjust even within the
same contest and more than once as propagation changes or as you will qsy to
another band. You'll develop your own rythm as time passes and experience sinks
in I guess.
Excellent question BTW! GL

73,

Fabi  va2up