Re: [RTTY] Upside down

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Upside down
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 10:23:59 -0800
Bob said:

I happened to be in the middle of one of your attempts to decode an East
Coast station on 20m this afternoon (20:03z). In this case, there was
nothing wrong with his TX signal. He was transmitting right side up, at
the proper speed, and zero beat on your signal. And I'm confident there
really wasn't anything wrong with either of your stations... I was
printing both of you perfect.

Hi Bob

That same thing happened to me.  I was on 20 and heard LT0H (actually I went
to a spot for him).  His signal showed a perfect elipse and he was S-9, but
I couldn't get him to print.  I tried just about every profile in MMTTY.  I
finally called him and he came back, but couldn't print the report.  Just
garble.  I stayed on frequency while he worked 2 or 3 other stations before
I got a report.

Nothing wrong with his signal, just something going on that wouldn't let me
print him.  Weird!  73
Tom W7WHY