Re: [RTTY] To: ALL Re: RIGBLASTER PRO, KENWOOD FSK, Help...???

To: Michael Haack <mikehaack@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] To: ALL Re: RIGBLASTER PRO, KENWOOD FSK, Help...???
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 00:06:44 -0500
It would be *SO* refreshing if people would read the manufacturer's
documentation on their interface, software and transceiver before
asking for help.

 > But I'm getting only one one tone.

Any time you get only one tone with MMTTY and a rig the problem is
in one of two areas.  Either MMTTY and/or your contest software is
not configured for FSK or the USB/Serial port is not connected to
the transceiver.

1) are you using a "real" serial port or are you using a USB to
    serial converter?

2) Is N1MM Logger configured for FSK?  Is it set up for the correct
    "Digital" port?

3) Is N1MM Logger configured to use the same port as connected to
    the RigBlaster Pro?

4) Is the FSK port connected to Serial/COM In/Out A on the RigBlaster
    Pro and are the jumpers connected as shown in either block 3 or 7
    on page 29 of the RigBlaster Pro manual (Rig control doesn't matter
    since RB Pro can't handle Kenwood TTL CAT).

5) Is the FSK LED blinking on the RigBlaster Pro?

 > I know the Kenwood FSK logic is reverse to most others.

The TS-950 is set for "mark" with FSK closed.  That is what MMTTY
should generate with an open collector transistor driver like those
in the RigBlaster.  If you are inverted,, simply change the setting
of Menu 54 in the TS-950 (TS-950 Operation Manual, pg 26).

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV