Re: [RTTY] GEROGE vs GEORGE

To: Jamie WW3S <ww3s@zoominternet.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] GEROGE vs GEORGE
From: David Levine <david@levinecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 09:33:50 -0500
Jamie,

Yes it was TOM vs T0M and people did get dinged for that one initially.
Anyone with T0M (with a zero) didn't have their contact counted because it
was submitted as TOM (with the letter) vs what was sent. After it was
discussed here the results were reprocessed and those that had T0M were
given credit. Thanks to Ed, W0YK, for addressing that in the 2010 Oct
Sprint!

It's also the reason I posted here since I think the same thing could happen
and maybe Ed or whoever handles the log checking could look at it from the
start vs after they go through the effort of processing everything to have
to reprocess it if that is the appropriate solution.

I didn't run into anyone sending ARK that I recall or that I logged. There
were 2 or 3 ops that seemed slow to have a drop off at the start and/or the
end of their transmission. I didn't use any call history for the contest so
nothing was pre-populated for me that I needed to review and was just
logging what came across the screen.

73 - David