Re: [RTTY] Three lessons from NAQP

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Three lessons from NAQP
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 09:01:01 -0800

> Jeff, AC0C wrote: " Sending the station's call you just worked does not
> benefit anyone."
>
> An opinion to which you are entitled, but I don't completely agree with.
> On
> a few occasions, I have had the call wrong, when I sent my exchange, and
> it
> was again wrong, on my screen, when they sent their exchange. Only when I
> sent it again, when "clearing", did it get recognized, and corrected, by
> the
> sender. Band conditions contribute greatly to what is contained in the
> macros, and having several available benefits everyone.
>
> 73, Shelby

Hi Shelby

Most software will send the corrected call--if you have that checked.

If I correct my call and they just come back with QSL QRZ without sending
the corrected call, I just delete the contact.  I never know if they got it
right nor not.

I send the callers callsign twice  'W1XXX 599 OR W1XXX'  I see no need to
send it again in the TU message if all is correct.  If they let me know it's
wrong, I WILL send the corrected callsign.   73
Tom W7WHY