Re: [RTTY] USB-Serial

To: k0rc@citlink.net
Subject: Re: [RTTY] USB-Serial
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 15:05:03 -0400
 > "Thump" ...there, I'm giving this horse one more kick for good
 > measure!

*Be careful!*  There *is* a compatibility problem with Prolific USB
to serial converters and programs written in VB6 when used for CAT
(serial) rig control - at least with some versions of the Prolific
drivers.

If you get a Prolific based USB to serial converter, be prepared to
debug communications problems and go looking for driver updates.
It's possible to resolve the issues but I would stick to the FTDI
based devices and restrict Prolific devices to FSK using EXTFSK or
WriteLog's "Software generated FSK."

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV