Re: [RTTY] Self spotting question

To: "RTTY Contesting" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Self spotting question
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 22:13:12 -0800
Wow, I sure opened a can of worms with this one!  Thanks to all for your
interesting and lively feedback.  I haven't kept an actual count of the
replies, but the "don't do it" responses have been predominant.  So I guess
I'll just grin and bear it whenever I see my call spotted off frequency.  If
you do hear some spurious signals that'll be the sound of me grinding my
teeth!

And in closing, an offer to Phil...  If you think use of linear amplifiers
on digital modes is overkill I invite you to come up north some time and
experience firsthand the thrill of trying to make EU and AF contacts over
the pole running barefoot with the Aurora in fine fettle and an A index of
37!  Bring lots of reading material!

73,
Gary AL9A