Re: [RTTY] Self spotting question

To: "a RTTY @ COL" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Self spotting question
From: "Thomas F. Giella NZ4O" <thomasfgiella@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 09:24:51 -0400
My guess is that the use of AFSK is pretty even with FSK now. I use AFSK
cleanly but like Jim W7RY I see many overdriven AFSK RTTY signals on the
bands, similar to what I see with PSK31. When you try to assist a ham in
cleaning up his dirty signal more often than not he takes offense.

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella, NZ4O
Lakeland, FL, USA
nz4o@arrl.net

PODXS 070 Club #349
Feld Hell Club #141
30 Meter Digital Group #691
Digital Modes Club #1243
WARC Bands Century Club #20
BARTG #8570

NZ4O Amateur & SWL Autobiography: http://www.nz4o.org
NZ4O Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data Archive:
http://www.solarcycle24data.org
NZ4O HF/6M Radiowave Propagation Forecast: http://www.solarcycle24.org