[RTTY] ST0R

To: Group RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] ST0R
From: rick darwicki <n6pe@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 08:29:24 -0700 (PDT)
They were finally strong enough to work yesterday so I thought I'd give it a
try..... for about 30 mins.

I was totally amazed to find how many 1 X 2 and 2 X 1 calls have never worked
DX.
Thinking back over the last 50 some years I was trying to remember a major
DXpedition that did not work SPLIT !!!
Remember when your radio didn't have split or the RIT wouldn't shift far enough?

It was almost impossible to find where they were listening because of all the
stations calling while the DX was listening.
It was also hard to hear the DX over all the rookies that probably have a NO
CODE ticket and called on top of him hi hi.

Granted some people may have just slipped and called on frequency but I heard
several 1 X 2s tell the UP UP UPers FU.

I'll feel even better now when I snag them, knowing I made it thru the lids.

End of diatribe.

Rick, N6PE