Re: [RTTY] ST0R

To: 'rick darwicki' <n6pe@yahoo.com>, Group RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ST0R
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 12:52:59 -0400
Mirrors my experience as well.  Over the last week and a half, I've probably
got 2.5 hours from 2 QTH's into it with no joy yet. I'm trying not to get
especially juiced about this one. The Sudan radio club is very active in
contests and it's rare that I don't work them on at least one band.  I'm hoping
that they activate S. Sudan often.  There's also no guarantee that the DXCC
desk will accept QSO's from this DXpedition.

The number of belligerent hams who transmit right over the top of a DX station
while they're working someone else and then tell you to "shut up and mind your
own business" (as if their interference wasn't anyones business but their own)
when corrected is distubing.  What's happened to simple courtesy?  We've all
forgotten to push the split button once in a while, but I don't know which is
worse: one station  calling on the DX frequency while the DX station is
listening, or 10 DX cops transmitting on the DX frequency when the DX station
is transmitting.

One good thisg - with everyone busy trying to wotk ST0R, I worked Lord Howe
Island (SSB) on the first call.  That part of the world is WAY harder for me to
work than East Africa.  Thanks ST0R for the distraction!

Al
AB2ZY