[RTTY] RTTY DXCC

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY DXCC
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 18:08:40 +0100
Hi all,

Whilst I agree that the RTTY DXCC ought to stay, as has already been said,
many of us have a RTTY DXCC certificate, with RTTY printed on it, that was
gained from a mix of the data modes.
OK, we know that some of you have a true and real RTTY DXCC, but that is not
really the point.

I do tend to agree with Bill W6WRT, in that the ARRL is losing a potential
revenue stream from other data awards, BUT, where do you start and finish?
I can see the relevance of a PSK DXCC certificate, but do you then split
that down into PSK31, PSK63, etc etc, and do you have one for each and every
data mode, many of which are now pretty much obsolete and no longer used?

If we are going to argue for a true RTTY DXCC, isn't it fair to other data
modes users to cater for them too?
Also, there are plenty of other PSK (as well as other data modes
certificates) available from various sources, and maybe they suffice for the
PSK (etc) enthusiasts?
Also, if they did decide to do one for RTTY, and another for all other data
modes, would the phone fraternity then decide they would like an AM
certificate?
Like I said, where do they stop?

So, the question is: Are the ARRL really losing another revenue stream?

Just my own views, and partly playing devil's advocate here, so no flames
please!

73 all

Phil GU0SUP

---
Virus Database (VPS): 110804-0, 04/08/2011
Tested on: 04/08/2011 18:08:40