Re: [RTTY] RTTY DXCC

To: WS7I <ws7ik7tj@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY DXCC
From: Neal Campbell <abrohamneal@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 16:06:41 -0400
Having done a bit of ham volunteering, I can imagine that the awards duty is
one you cannot keep for a really long time (I really admire the guys like
you and K4GMH that do/have done it). People get incredibly focused on their
own little priorities and expect you to do anything for them but not
necessarily for others. After a while it just burns you out. My last
volunteer assignment, I was just about ready to hire contract men on some
people.

Anyway, whatever we think is easy or hard doesn't matter, its what the
League, who actually has to execute these things, thinks they can afford to
do or not. They obviously haven't seen the operational benefit of specific
awards. Doesn't mean they might not in the future but they don't now.

And, changing the name to Digital actually is the only correct thing to do,
since its not just a RTTY award in my opinion. I have a long track record of
being totally unreliable on deciding correct things to do however!

73
Neal

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 3:51 PM, WS7I <ws7ik7tj@gmail.com> wrote:

> Database doesn't track mode.  All are lumped as RTTY.  Not only that, the
> early cards in the Don Search era don't have mode or band or anything.
>
> Easier with LOTW, but the fields of mode are not there.  You would need 30
> or so modes, SSB, AM, FM, SlowScan, Clover, Clover2000, Pactor, Pactor II,
> Pactor3, Pactor4, and on and on and on and on.
>
> On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 10:48 AM, Bill, W6WRT <dezrat1242@yahoo.com> wrote:

Abroham Neal Software
www.abrohamnealsoftware.com
Work:(540) 645 5394