Re: [RTTY] RTTY DXCC

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY DXCC
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 10:40:55 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Thu, 4 Aug 2011 18:08:40 +0100, "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net> wrote:

>I can see the relevance of a PSK DXCC certificate, but do you then split
>that down into PSK31, PSK63, etc etc, and do you have one for each and every
>data mode, many of which are now pretty much obsolete and no longer used?

REPLY:

I would suggest the ARRL redo the certificate with two new lines as in the
following example:

BANDS:   40, 15, 10

MODES:  PSK31, PSK63, RTTY

In other words, just list which bands and modes appear on the 100 (or more)
QSLs, whether it is multiple band/modes or single. The requester can specify if
he wants a specific band and/or mode, or just list all that qualify. If he wants
all bands and RTTY only, he can say so in his application. If he wants 10 meters
only and all digital modes, he can say that too.  Any combination, with of
course a modest fee for each one.

New hams in their first application will probably just say all bands and all
modes, and then later on get more specialized if they wish.

Make sense?

73, Bill W6WRT